If you paste text into a Joomla! article straight from MS Word or another web page, you may get some very strange results. That's because Word documents and web pages typically contain lots of invisible formatting codes, and these need to be stripped out before the text is pasted into your own site. To do this, you need a plain text editor - and if you're using Windows on your PC or laptop you've already got one: Windows Notepad.
- In Windows 7, click the 'Start' button and type 'Notepad' into the 'find programs and files' search box.
- In Windows 8, hover your mouse cursor over the bottom right-hand side of the screen, choose the magnifying glass 'Search' icon, and type in 'Notepad'.
Once Notepad is running:
- Copy and paste your text into Notepad.
- Select the text in Notepad and copy it again (if you miss out this step, the codes will not be removed).
- Paste the Notepad text into the Joomla! article.
Some formatting (e.g. italics and emboldening) will be lost in the process, but can be re-added in the Joomla! article editor.